If You Are A Veteran Interested in Our Program We Want to Hear from You!
Criteria for Enrollment.
- HONORABLE DISCHARGE ONLY. A “General- Under Honorable Conditions” discharge is not the same as an “HONORABLE” discharge. Due to the criteria of our program, each applicant must have an “HONORABLE” Discharge from the United States Armed Forces to be eligible for enrollment.
- Provide a letter from a qualified physician(Qualified physician MD, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioner, Ph.D. Psychologist) stating,
- You have a diagnosis of service related PTSI, TBI, or MST.
- You are medically, mentally, and physically able to manage the responsibilities of participating in the training of a Service Dog, owning a Service Dog, and have the ability to travel. (Including exercising daily, must be able to walk 1 mile)
- Physician must also attest in the letter that you are not currently undergoing inpatient treatment, or that you are 6-months or more post successful substance abuse, mental health, or suicide ideation treatment.
- Letter of reasonable accommodation from your employer.
- Must be physically able to endure the rigors of training a Service Dog.
- Must have a stable home environment as evidenced by a virtual home inspection or in-person home inspection.
- Proof of stable housing over six consecutive months.
- Must be able to commit to a training schedule; of a minimum of 30 weeks.
- Agreement statement from other adult(s) house members to have a dog, if appropriate.
- Willing to participate in weekly training classes.
- Must have the most current and complete form DD-214 or NGB-22.
- No current alcohol or substance abuse and clean for at least 6 months.
- Individuals convicted of a felony, domestic violence, sexual offense of any kind, and or any type of animal mistreatment, abuse, neglect, or cruelty are ineligible.